Facts on Gilead’s Greed:
· $6.5 billion in yearly revenues from AIDS drugs
· 36% profit margin – the highest in the industry
· $42 million in annual pay for CEO John Martin
· $10,600 annual price of Atripla for taxpayer-funded AIDS Drug Assistance Programs
· 8,785 people on waiting lists to receive lifesaving treatment
Given that Gilead produces these drugs “at cost” for a few hundred dollars per year, it can lower prices significantly and still make a huge profit, yet it has not.
Today AIDS advocates are asking Gilead Sciences to do their part to end this AIDS drug crisis.
Call Gilead at (650) 574-3000 and ask to speak with CEO John C. Martin.
Gilead must immediately lower prices for ADAP. Thousands of lives are at risk.